Cinespia at The Hollywood Forever Cemetery
What to expect...
- Movie screenings are held outdoors on Fairbanks Lawn, an open grassy field inside Hollywood Forever Cemetery, under the stars.
- Bring blankets, pillows or low chairs that have a seat that rests on the ground with a low back. Tall Chairs are NOT allowed. There are no chairs allowed in the no chair zone in the center of the field. Allowable chair height in chair zones is from ground to seat is 6″ and from seat to top of chair 21″.
- Outside beer and wine are permitted.
- Cinespia is in compliance with state and federal laws regarding accessibility. Please contact our office directly for more detailed information about how we can assist you with any specific needs.
- Children over the age of 3 require general admission tickets. Children under the age of 3, however, do not.
- Restrooms are available on-site.
- A small tarp underneath your blanket is recommended.
- A DJ spins music as the sun sets, and again after the movie.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. We are a rain-or-shine event.
- An On-Site Parking Pass allows you to park on the cemetery grounds and walk directly to the lawn. On-Site parking opens at gate time. No stopping is permitted on Santa Monica Blvd per the LAPD and cars will not be allowed to line-up before gate time. Please check your ticket for details.
- Additional parking is available at the Hollywood Production Center Lot at 1149 N Gower and the Lemon Grove Parking structure 900 N Van Ness (entrance on Lemon Grove).
- Stay on paved roads when walking through the beautiful and historic cemetery, and please remain respectful.
- No lit candles, barbecues or open flame.
- Dogs are not permitted in the cemetery.
- Smoking permitted in designated smoking areas only.
- No ins and outs.
- No tall chairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does entry work?
You can choose to either print your ticket at home or download a barcode to your smartphone to be scanned at the gate for your admission. Be sure to turn the brightness level on your phone or device all the way up and have your barcodes loaded before you get to the front of the line. One ticket is good for one scan. It will not work on other scanners after being scanned. Seating inside is first-come, first-served.
What options do you have for large groups/parties?
Cinespia does not offer group discounts at this time. If you are purchasing all of the tickets for your guests at once, we advise bringing a printed list of the names of guests in your party to Will Call on the day of the event and ask your guests to check in there. Please have your order number and ID ready.
I never received an email confirmation for my tickets!
Please contact Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/support/contact-us. You can also try logging into your account at Eventbrite.com to retrieve your tickets.
I can't find my ticket, what should I do?
Before the event – please contact Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/support/contact-us. You can also try logging into your account at Eventbrite.com to retrieve your tickets.
At the event – Cinespia Will Call has a list of all ticket holders at the front gate. Please check in with Will Call when you get to the front of the line.
Do you accept tickets purchased through third-parties?
No. Unlawful or attempted sale subjects tickets to Cinespia events to revocation without refund. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be invalid, lost, stolen, or counterfeit and if so are void.
What is your refund policy?
All sales are final. Unfortunately we do not offer refunds or exchanges.
If I buy an On-Site Parking Pass, is my car guaranteed a parking spot on the cemetery grounds?
Yes. Your vehicle is guaranteed a spot onsite with the purchase of an On-Site Parking Pass. Everyone in the car must have a General Admission ticket if the screening is sold out. Anyone without a ticket in the car when the screening is sold out will not be admitted. Parking Passes ($15) are available online on every ticket purchasing page. Additional parking is right around the corner at the Hollywood Production Center Lot at 1149 N Gower and the Lemon Grove Parking structure 900 N Van Ness (entrance on Lemon Grove) ($15).
What kind of vehicles require a parking pass to park onsite?
Cars and SUVS. Motorcycles and bicycles park onsite for free. THE PARKING PASS IS NOT VALID FOR BUSES.
Is there additional parking nearby?
Yes! There are TWO secure parking lots – Hollywood Production Center at 1149 N Gower and Van Ness Structure at 900 N Van Ness. Tickets are available to purchase in advance online on each ticketing page. When you park in these lots you will still walk through the main gate on Santa Monica to enter the cemetery. For those parked in the Paramount Lot – after the screening you may exit through the Gower Street cemetery gate at the South West corner of the cemetery just north of the Paramount parking lot. Additionally there are a few smaller lots that open near the cemetery entrance that can accommodate a limited number of cars.
Can we park in the neighborhood?
Please avoid street parking in the neighborhood. We ask patrons to carpool, take taxis or purchase a parking pass for on-site or one of our convenient local partner parking lots. The local neighborhood has applied for a preferential parking district, which will prohibit parking by non-residents in the immediate area. When patrons park on the streets in the local neighborhood, the lack of parking spaces for residents creates problems within the community that threaten the future of our screenings at Hollywood Forever.
Is there bike parking?
Yes, security can direct you where to park your bike or motorcycle. There is no charge for bikes or motorcycles, please enter through the main gate on Santa Monica Blvd.
Disabled Persons Access & Parking
Cinespia is accessible to all guests with disabilities. Accessible parking is available to patrons with Disabled Persons (DP) Placards. If you do not have a placard and need assistance with disabled parking, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fairbanks Lawn features a designated wheelchair user and companion area. This area is a prime viewing spot and has close and easy access to restrooms. Cinespia staff and security are on-site to answer any questions.
How does seating work?
Seating is on a first-come first-served basis. To fit everyone comfortably on the lawn, we recommend setting up “blanket-to-blanket” with your neighbors, leaving no empty space between parties. There are aisles on the lawn for easy access to restrooms and exits. Cinespia Ushers (in Cinespia T-Shirts) are on-site to assist with seating or with any questions. Please remember there are no lit candles or flames allowed.
Are there any age restrictions?
The majority of Cinespia events are for all ages unless otherwise stated on the event page. Children under 17 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian for films that are Rated R.
Are there ins and outs?
There are no ins and outs.
Is there a Lost & Found?
Yes, on the night of the event, please check with Hollywood Forever Cemetery security at the Santa Monica Blvd exit. After the event, contact Hollywood Forever Cemetery at (323) 469-6349.
Will there be first aid on site?
Yes, an EMT will be on-site at the Fairbanks Lawn at all times. If you need assistance, please find the nearest staff member or security.
What if I forgot to bring a blanket and tarp to sit on?
The Cinespia Store, located by our Photo Booth, sells picnic blankets (with a tarp bottom!), cozy blankets, wine goblets and other fun gifts. You can also purchase a print of your Photo Booth picture to take home.